[aspectc-user] MatchCollector

Robert Scott lists at riscott.ukfsn.org
Sat Dec 2 16:49:56 CET 2006

Hello,

On Saturday 02 December 2006 12:01, Olaf Spinczyk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't recommend to use Puma's match mechanism. We haven't changed it
> since we wrote the old manual, but we also haven't used and maintained
> it, too. Therefore, I am not surprised that it doesn't work. I also have
> to say that our experience several years ago was that it is not very
> efficient.
>
> Is the match mechanism an essential feature for you?

Well, it would be very useful - I'm writing a simple code stupidity checker
framework that allows plugin authors to use the provided parse trees & class
databases to find potential errors / things that are against code guidelines.

Would I have any more success if I were to manually build a match tree out of
CTree and CTree 'any' nodes?

I may have to look at writing a simplistic substitute myself otherwise.

Many thanks,

robert.