[aspectc-user] Catch exceptions in main()?

Markus Elfring Markus.Elfring at web.de
Sat Jan 7 19:08:37 CET 2012

> You might be pleased to hear that Puma, AspectC++, and Ag++ are no longer
> compiled with "-fno-exceptions -fno-rtti". AspectC++ and Ag++ now have
> exception handlers in main() (as you proposed).

That is great. - Thanks for your acceptance.

> We evaluated the overhead and found that it is no problem for the Puma library.

Would you like to share a bit more about the involved details which let you
improve the support for exception handling?

How do you think about the appended update suggestion for a bit fine-tuning?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2145147/why-catch-an-exception-as-reference-to-const

Would you like to catch the exception "std::bad_alloc" explicitly?
(How many memory will be left over for the current approach of error reporting?)

Regards,
Markus