[aspectc-user] AspectC++-Request:

Michael Smith msmith at mail.csse.monash.edu.au
Mon Apr 22 01:44:24 CEST 2002

Hi Guys,

I am a student in the honours year of a Bachelor of Computing degree at
Monash University, Melbourne, Australia.
The major part of the honours year is a producing a thesis. To that end,
I have chosen aspect-oriented programming as the
"area" I wish to research. At this point - we don't finish until
November down here - the precise question is still a bit fuzzy
but may well involve translating a legacy OO system written in Eiffel
into Java and C++ then re-engineering the two by applying aspects where
indicated. It is hoped that some questions may be answered or, at least
asked, about how single and multiple inheritance affects the decisions
on re-factoring and/or applying aspects. Alas, in the interests of
research, I'm open to any suggestions. ( The whole AOP project is my
idea;  the paradigm is not well known at this institution - at least to
this point. )

I have AspectJ and was wondering if a version of AspectC++ was available
for Windows2000. If so, I'd really appreciate
it.

Looking forwards to your reply.

Regards,
Mike Smith
Bachelor of Computing(Honours)
School of Computer Science and Software Engineering,Caulfield Campus
Monash University,
Maelbourne, Australia