[aspectc-user] Help Needed

Olaf Spinczyk olaf at ivs.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Mon Feb 4 11:51:13 CET 2002

Hi,

On Monday,  4. February 2002 09:53, Olaf Spinczyk wrote:
> Hi Thiruna,
>
> I'm glad to see that you are experimenting with our prototype. Now, let's
> see what your problem is...
>
> The generated code looks bad:
> >    static methodfunctions::__Tjps__advice_0
> > __tjp_methodfunctions__advice_0 (, 0);
>
> Here the first argument is missing. I will now try to reproduce the problem
> and fix it (or at least tell you a workaround).

here is the workaround. The problem is that there is a comma too much
generated if thisJoinPoint->toString() is not used in the advice code. As a
workaround you can simply replace your advice with the following:

#include<stdio.h>

aspect methodfunctions
{
         pointcut move() = execution("%  Maths::calladd(...)");

         public:

                 advice move() : void before()
                 {
			const char *unused = thisJoinPoint->toString (); // workaround
                         printf("ID OF THE JOIN POINT = %d\n",
                                thisJoinPoint->id());
                 }
};

The problem will be fixed soon. As usual we will announce the new release/fix
through aspectc-user at aspectc.org.