[aspectc-user] Further to Error 139

Olaf Spinczyk olaf at ivs.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Feb 7 13:28:35 CET 2002

Hi,

On Thursday,  7. February 2002 13:02, you wrote:
> Further to my previous mail I have just realised that the compiler is not
> seeing my c++ files as they are .cpp files rather than .cc files.  Having
> renamed the c++ file I now see
>
> * Handling Translation Unit `testfile.cc'.
>   - Path "aop/testfile.cc"
>   - Parsing ...
> make: *** [test] Error 139

Error 139 is a segmentation fault. Did it produce a core dump (file name
'core') in your working directory? If you have a 'core', compress it with
bzip or gzip. If the size of the compressed core is not too big for an email
you can send it to me (not to the list!). I will then try to find out where
the parser crashed.

We will further place a little tool called 'scanit' on the AspectC++ download
page today, which uses the PUMA parser (the parser that is used by AspectC++
as well) to analyse a single file. It has several command line options like
"-E" (do preprocessing only) and "-S" (do syntax + semantic analysis).

If that's no problem for you, you could also send me your source code or the
part of the code, where AspectC++ crashs. I promise that I would remove and
forget anything after we have the bug ;-)

> so it is still having the same problem.
>
> On a secondary issue, is there a switch to tell the compiler to see .cpp
> files? (Not a major issue as the workaround is obvious even to me).

No, there is not, but we will make one.