[aspectc-user] Separation of advice declaration and definition

Law, Colin colin.law at epid.eurotherm.co.uk
Wed Feb 13 16:54:36 CET 2002

Does the syntax allow the separation of the declaration and definition of an
advice (if those are the correct words). For example I have

aspect Asp
{
	pointcut p() = ....;
	advice p(): before()
	{
		....;
	}
};

Can I do something like

aspect Asp
{
	pointcut p() = ....;
	advice p(): before();

};

advice Asp::p() : Asp::before()
{
	...;
}

I tried this and it did not generate errors, but it also did not generate
any aspect code.

On a separate issue, I am running in a cross platform situation editing
files on a Windows platform, compiling with ac++ on a linux platform and
finally building the application on the windows platform again.  If I edit
one of the header files in my application and then compile with ac++, when I
another process (presumably the compile).  I assumed at first that ac++ was
touching the source file for some reason, but when I examine the properties
of the file the modified date does not appear to have changed.  Have you any
idea what might be going on?  It is not a major issue but is a bit annoying.

Colin Law