[aspectc-user] Problem while compiling aspectC++ program

Daniel Mahrenholz mahrenho at ivs.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Jan 29 12:13:11 CET 2002

Hi,

On Tuesday 29 January 2002 07:11, Thirunavukkarasu, Ramasamy (IE10) wrote:
> I installed AspectC++ ver 0.1 as per the README file given, OS being Sun
> Solaris ver 2.7.
> When I tried to execute the command ac++ ./examples/FigureObserver/t.cc (an
> example already provided) it gives the following error :
> ac++: syntax error at line 1: `)' unexpected
> Can anyone tell where the problem could be ?

The problem is clear - you tried to start an Intel/Linux binary on Solaris -
this won't work. I'm currently working on a Solaris based distribution of
AspectC++, but this can take some time.  Btw - the current version of ac++ is
0.3!

Best regards,
Daniel.
--
Dipl.-Inf. Daniel Mahrenholz, University of Magdeburg, Germany
Homepage: http://ivs.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~mahrenho