[aspectc-user] compiling ac++ with gcc 3.2

Daniel Mahrenholz mahrenho at ivs.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Oct 15 09:52:29 CEST 2002

Hi,

On Saturday 12 October 2002 21:02, Ihsan Ali Al Darhi wrote:
> I downloaded AspectC++ from the net and install in in a folder called
> 'AspetC'. I have also gcc 3.2 installed. How can I compile ac++ with gcc?

The ac++ binary has been build using gcc/g++ 3.2 and should be ready to run on
your system. One thing your can't do is to use the C++ header files that come
with the g++ 3.2 (e.g. <iostream.h>), the C header files (e.g. <stdio.h>)
should work without problems.

To configure ac++ for gcc 3.2 make sure the compiler can be called as gcc/g++
or set the environment variables CC and CXX to (e.g.) gcc-3.2 and g++-3.2.
Than call pumag++conf.pl to create the puma config file (puma.conf). Read the
README file for detailed instructions.

Have a nice day,
Daniel.

--
Dipl.-Inf. Daniel Mahrenholz, University of Magdeburg, Germany
Homepage: http://ivs.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~mahrenho