[aspectc-user] Re: Aspect and GCC 3.4.1

Olaf Spinczyk Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Nov 30 12:05:10 CET 2004

Hello Jorge,

jorgefm at cirsa.com wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I want to know how the process to adapt ac++ to gcc 3.4.x
> is going on?? Can i help in some way?
>
> Thanks,
> Jorge
>

>>Thank you Olaf for your quick answer!
>>
>>I'll be waiting for a new release (the 0.9.1?) because i have
>>to upgrade some workstations to Mandrake 10.1 and i'm interested
>>no installing different compilers to avoid future mesh !
>>
>>Is it possible to add these libs in the static releases? Only for
>>the latest compilers... like ac++, ag++ binaries.
>>
>>Thanks again.
>>
>>Jorge

thanks a lot for your offer.

Meanwhile the Puma and AspectC++ source code is ready for g++ 3.4.1. I
had to change a few lines of code, which were not 100% standard
compliant :-(. I also had to fix a code generation pattern that is used
by ac++, when it weaves the Puma code. The changes will be included in
the next release (0.9.1).

Although you can compile with g++ 3.4.1 after these changes, the weaver
still has problems with the g++ 3.4.1 header files. As long as these
problems are not fixed, you have to use different STL header files for
ac++ than for the C++ compiler. I hope that we can also solve this
problem very soon.