[aspectc-user] aspect efficiency

Jamal Siadat siadat at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Mon Aug 8 10:28:30 CEST 2005

Hi,
I was just wndering how efficient is the code produced by aspectc++. I
mean are the advices all inlined? would the extra level of indirection
used by tjp->that()->... effect the performance of a given software ( I
mean even if its in milliseconds) ? How much inderection/overhead is
actually produced for every advice? or tjp->that? if any ( in terms of
other function calls so if we add 4 or 5 other methods for every piece of
advice and if we dont inline them then it might degragade the performance
somewhat?)
I'm just wondering if I should expect any performace degregation if use
ac++ in a given system.

Thanks,

P.S: if there are extra levels of indirection is there any work being done
to reduce them? or is this the nature of AOP and one should expect it?