[aspectc-user] Re: Multiply Defined Operator in 0.9.1

Matthias Urban matthias.urban at pure-systems.com
Tue Mar 15 18:27:36 CET 2005

Hi,

Gary Duzan wrote:
> In Message <4234D0A8.9050204 at pure-systems.com> ,
>    Matthias Urban <matthias.urban at pure-systems.com> wrote:
>
> =>The AspectC++ parser does not yet instantiate templates per default.
> =>Because Security::Opaque (see above) is a template instance, the parser
> =>can not safely distinguish the declarations of the "operator>>="
> =>functions, and thus fails to parse it. But you may try to rerun the ag++
> =>call using the --real_instances command line option causing the
> =>AspectC++ parser to instantiate templates. Since template parsing is
> =>still in the testing phase, I can not promise that it works.
> =>
> =>Hope this helps,
> =>Matthias
>
>    I tried the --real-instances option, but got the same thing. Also with
> 0.9.2 and/or adding the option directly to the ac++ command line. If there
> are any debugging options I can turn on or there is anything I can test,
> let me know and I'll give them a try.

First of all, there seems to be a problem with the --real_instances
option. ag++ only understands --real_instances and ac++ only understands
  --real-instances, sorry, a bug to fix.

The only debugging option is the verbosity level option -v. But I'm
currently testing TAO by myself. If you can wait a day or two, I can
tell you definitely more, especially whether TAO can be parsed by ac++
or not.

Best regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Urban                          Phone: +49-391-544569-32
pure-systems GmbH                       Fax:   +49-391-544569-90