[aspectc-user] Weaving question

Fabian Scheler fabian.scheler at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 22:50:08 CEST 2005

Hi,

sorry for my late answer. I played a bit with your example and found
out that the segfault is apparently caused by the 'const char*'
argument type, when the 'const' is removed, it works fine (see
attached files). Nevertheless this behaviour is IMHO a bug, it would
be very nice if you could provide a bugreport via bugzilla, please.
The thing with the arbitrary argument list: I can remember I already
had some problems with that some months ago, I do not know how much
effort Olaf put into supporting them and I do not know how well this
currently supported.
Just two comments on your example:
- Daniel Lohmann wrote a paper (GPCE '04, Generic Advice: On the
Combination of AOP with Generative Programming in AspectC++), where he
describes generic aspects, maybe this work is also of interest to you.
Such generic aspects are very suitable for e.g. tracing and logging
- logging is a typical cross-cutting concern, normaly one uses aspects
to encapsulate such a concern in one module, but the way you use
AspectC++, your logging concern is implemented so that it still
cross-cuts other components

Ciao, Fabian