[aspectc-user] Aspects advising aspects

Mike Mortensen mike-mortensen at comcast.net
Fri Jan 6 13:24:53 CET 2006

>at the moment ac++ can't weave advice for call join points that are
>located in advice code. This problem is known as bug 263 in bugzilla. As
>a workaround you could move the call (to HELLO) from the advice body
>into an ordinary member function of the aspect, which is then called by
>the advice.

Thanks -- I hadn't thought of trying to have the advice
call a aspect function which then called HELLO.

As far as the stat counting being not cross-cutting, I agree with
Andreas' observation that inheritance is fine to separate it out.
Although it can be viewed as separate or additional to the caching,
it is true that it doesn't crosscut many modules, but is just an
extension to caching.

Thanks to both of you.
-Mike