[aspectc-user] adviseexecution()

Olaf Spinczyk Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Mar 10 10:51:48 CET 2006

Hello Eric,

advice for the execution of advice is problematic if the advice depends
on the builtin JoinPoint type. In this case advice code is transformed
into a template member function of the aspect, which is transformed into
a class. This brings us back to the problem of weaving in template.

If the advice does not depend on JoinPoint an adviceexecution pointcut
function would be fairly easy to implement. However, it could also be
simulated be moving the advice body into a member function of the
aspect, for which it is possible to be advised.

- Olaf