[aspectc-user] questions about ac-languageref

Pavlo Korzhyk pavlo.korzhyk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 22:34:36 CET 2006

Hi. I'm reading ac-languageref.pdf and have some questions:

1. Example on page 12 defines aspect Counter and it contains a row,
that looks like aspect constructor:
	Counting() : m_count(0) {}
   It seems to me that constructor should have the same name as an
aspect. Is this a documentation bug?

2. "Aspect instantiation" on page 13 says that the static method
aspectof can be generated.
   Since we didn't define aspectof in example on page 12, "static int
m_count;" must not be static (example doesn't compile, if it is).

3. A note on "Inheritance relation" (page 31) looks very strange. My
ac++ requires base aspect to be abstract. Abstract aspect has no
effect on program, so why do we need to check precedence for derived
and base aspect if only the derived aspect has the possibility to
"work"?

4. How do I get PUMA framework? It is used by ag++/ac++ and whole
chapter 3 "MATCH EXPRESSIONS" looks like it was copied from PUMA
manual. But where can I find the library, its headers and complete
documentation?

BTW AspectC++ is a great compiler, thanks for creating this tool and
making it open-source.

--
WBR, Pavlo Korzhyk
ICQ#155870780