[aspectc-user] weaving twice

Francisco Afonso afonsofc at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 24 11:40:25 CEST 2007

Hi Olaf,

In my case I am using Whole Program Transformation (WPT) and so the library includes are already being generated. I tried the –i option and confirmed that the generated included files are equal to generated by WPT.

I will describe my setup. I am compiling the code of an operating system which is divided in the following folders:

/os
    /base
         /include
         /src
         /aspects

The aspects are placed in folder /aspects. From the /base folder I run ac++ using the following command:

ac++ -I include –p. –d ../woven

This generates the following structure:

/os
     /base
         /include
         /src
         /aspects
     /woven
         /include
         /src
         /aspects

Then I generate the library based on the source code inside the /woven folder. For this, I have a makefile in the /os folder that calls g++ using options “–I woven/include” and “ –I woven”. The second include is needed to access the .ah files in the /woven/aspects folder. After this step I have a library file (libos.a) in /os.

Then, in another folder I have an application that needs to be woven too. This application is usually a single c++ file and I place the aspects in the same folder. The command line for weaving is:
ac++ - I ../os/woven/include –I ../os/woven –p . –d ./aop-out

The following output is generated:
* Running ac++ 1.0pre3
* Simple Dependency Check
* Handling Translation Unit ´myApp.cc´