[aspectc-user] Visual Studio and ac++ ?

Matthias Urban matthias.urban at pure-systems.com
Wed Feb 27 14:58:11 CET 2008

Hi,

it's definitely not a "piece of cake" to use ac++ directly on VC++ code,
but it's also not a nightmare. I don't exactly know all changes between
VC7 and VC8. But I know that at least new keywords were introduced. If
you have access to a VS2003, then install the AspectC++ Add-In and look
how it solves these problems (there is a configuration file with
#defines and some required declarations in an extra header file that is
automatically included, the Add-In log file contains the corresponding
ac++ call).

When the next ac++ release is out (in the near future), then a new
AspectC++ Add-In should be available (for VC7 and for VC8) too.

Best regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Urban
Phone: +49-391-544569-32 Fax: +49-391-544569-90