[aspectc-user] ac++ fails at asm-keyword

J. Liebig joerg.liebig at st.ovgu.de
Fri Jun 13 10:44:06 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm programming embedded systems and exploring stepwise development.
Since Interrupt Service Routines aren't designed to be a member
function in object-oriented programming with c++, I'm using a
workaround in form of:

static void INT_pwmSignal(void) asm(__STRINGIFY(TIMER0_OVF_vect))
__attribute__ ((signal, __INTR_ATTRS))

Unfortuneately the ac++ compiler fails at this point with:

output/EnginesInterrupt.h:21: error: invalid member declaration near
token `asm'

The sourcecode compiles and works with an avr-cross-compiler. I'm not
trying to weave anything into the file EnginesInterrupt.h.

Is there a solution?

kind regards
Jörg Liebig