[aspectc-user] ac++ fails at asm-keyword

Olaf Spinczyk os at aspectc.org
Fri Jun 13 16:35:44 CEST 2008

You are right. There seems to be a problem with the gcc asm syntax
extension. The alternate keywords ("__asm__" and "__volatile__") work
fine, but the parser has a problem with "::". It works if you insert a
white space character between ":" and ":". It looks as if gcc does not
use the normal scanner to recognize token, but a context-dependent
scanner. Hm. We'll look into it.

- Olaf