[aspectc-user] Setting header paths

Gordon Schumacher gordon at rebit.com
Mon Nov 3 07:51:15 CET 2008

Is it possible to deploy an application that uses Puma without shipping
along a puma.cfg, assuming that you have some method to figure out what
the normal include paths are and such?

I'm using something like this (assume that the defaultIncludePaths()
function is indeed correctly fetching my compiler's paths):

      std::list<std::string>  includePaths = defaultIncludePaths();
      Puma::ErrorStream       err;
      Puma::CProject          project(err);
      Puma::Config            config(err);
      for (std::list<std::string>::const_iterator str =
includePaths.begin(); str != includePaths.end(); ++str)
         config.Add("-I", str->c_str());
      project.configure(config);

...but when I do this on a different computer (with a different
compiler), it doesn't quite seem to matter what I pass along to the Add
function (space or no space after -I, -I and path as separate
parameters, etc. etc.) it still tells me that there is no path
containing my compiler's header files.

If I run it under MinGW on the system I used to build Puma, it seems to
do better.