[aspectc-user] Current SVN version not self-compilable and aspectc.org down

Olaf Spinczyk os at aspectc.org
Sun Feb 15 23:25:56 CET 2009

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Marr schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> the current version in the SVN is not compilable with itself.
> The latest binary version on Debian does the job well, but is already
> outdated. (no support for extern "C")
>
> In the current state the following error occurs:
>
> Copying sources not to weave...
> Calling ac++ on PreFileIncluder.cc...
> /home/smarr/AspectC++/Puma/gen-release/step1/inc/Puma/TokenStream.h:33:
> error: invalid declaration near token `:'
> /home/smarr/AspectC++/Puma/gen-release/step1/inc/Puma/Stack.h:26:
> error: invalid declaration near token `template'
> /home/smarr/AspectC++/Puma/gen-release/step1/aspects/WinIfExists.ah:92:
> error: cannot declare `Puma::Stack' within `PreprocessorParser'
> /home/smarr/AspectC++/Puma/gen-release/step1/inc/Puma/CSemExpr.h:123:
> error: invalid member declaration near token `Stack'
> /home/smarr/AspectC++/Puma/gen-release/step1/inc/Puma/CSemExpr.h:157:
> error: `isPtrToObj' is not a member of `CSemExpr'
>
> This error is while not installing the Puma header.
> After doing a make install it looks like the parser is broken and can
> not handle templates correctly:
>
> Copying sources not to weave...
> Calling ac++ on PreFileIncluder.cc...
> /usr/local/include/Puma/UnitState.h:61: error: invalid declaration
> near token `template'
> /usr/local/include/Puma/UnitState.h:63: error: invalid declaration
> near token `template'
> /usr/local/include/Puma/PragmaOnceUnitState.ah:222: error: invalid
> declaration near token `template'
> /usr/local/include/Puma/CScanner.h:61: error: invalid declaration near
> token `template'
>
> Since I tried to use AspectC++ on the CacaoVM, this causes some
> problems for my. Unfortunately, I do not remember a "good" revision
> number of the SVN :(
I know that the latest AspectC++ version from the SVN repository has a
problem to compile itself. Sorry, but there are several modifications
going on in the parser at the moment and somehow a bug got into the
repository, which we haven't found yet. I hope that I can tell you more
by tomorrow evening. Meanwhile you could try AspectC++/Puma from 31 Dec
2008.

> There is also a problem with the web server (www.aspectc.org). Looks
> like some file permissions are not set correctly for the typo3 scripts.
>
> Best regards
> Stefan

Could you give me the URL of the file with the wrong permissions? I
haven't found a problem.

Best regards,