[aspectc-user] Problems building SVN version of Puma

Matthias Urban matthias.urban at pure-systems.com
Mon Mar 23 23:18:04 CET 2009

Hi Kai,

> Could this be a platform issue? My whole system is build for pentium3 (incl. g++). I don't have another machine available to test it on
> a generic debian installation. If you think that the problem could be caused by this I'll set up a virtual machine, but since
> this consumes a lot of time I would like to defer it, until I can be sure to know that it will show something interesting.

Yes, looks like a platform issue.

> This in mind I tried to build http://www.aspectc.org/fileadmin/downloads/ac/1.0pre3/ac-woven-1.0pre3.tar.gz.

Ah, good idea, totally forgot it.

> - It spits out a lot of 'incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘exit’'
> - Fails to build, because 'automaton.h:116: error: extra qualification ‘Automaton::’ on member ‘ScanStates’'
> 	(easily resolved)
> - Puma needs ac++, I guess I should try ac++ first.

I guess you tried to compile with a simple 'make'. But you have to
compile the woven sources with 'make compile', this does not require
ac++ anymore.

Please let us know if this works.

> Slowly I'm getting the impression that I'm doing something terribly wrong... :(

No, only adverse conditions :-)

Regards,
Matthias