[aspectc-user] More demonstrations for applications of AspectC++?

Markus Elfring Markus.Elfring at web.de
Mon Nov 21 18:18:51 CET 2011

> We have used this in an example in which we transformed C-style error codes into
> exceptions. If you are interested, read our ETAPS 2005 paper:
> http://www.aspectc.org/fileadmin/publications/etaps-sc-2005.pdf

I read this document "On Typesafe Aspect Implementations in C++" already in
April 2007.   ;-)
I dared to repeat this topic as a kind of follow-up to the discussion "Support
for error handling by aspect-oriented programming".
http://aosd.net/pipermail/discuss_aosd.net/2007-April/002136.html

> At the moment this would only be possible if write accesses were guaranteed to
> be performed only by (interceptable) setter methods. AspectC++ has no set/get
> pointcut function.

Is it generally possible to intercept calls for assignment operators?

Regards,
Markus