[aspectc-user] Re: Compatibility with other compilers

Olaf Spinczyk os at aspectc.org
Thu Feb 20 09:30:59 CET 2014

... I already answered yesterday, but accidentally used the wrong sender
address. The mail was ignored by mailman. Sorry. Here comes the answer:

---
Hi again!

No, the "output source code" is standard-compliant C++ code. Only if ac++
"knows" that g++ is used as the back-end compiler (see --gnu option), some
g++-specific code (attributes) is generated that improves the performance.

The only problem with other compilers is the input source code, namely header
files that come with the compiler.

If that helps you, you could use g++ system header files for weaving your
project (see ag++ --weave_only) and later use an arbitrary standard-compliant
compiler to generate the machine code from the woven C++ code. This is possible.
Sorry, if I misunderstood your question.

Best regards,

Olaf Spinczyk