[aspectc-user] Even a simple hello world isn't working...

Jannis Stoppe jstoppe at informatik.uni-bremen.de
Tue Jul 8 12:45:35 CEST 2014

I recently came across AspectC++, but while it seems to be more or less
a perfect solution for what I'm trying to achieve, I just can't get it
up and running even for a simple example...

I have two files, helloWorld.ah

#inlcude <iostream>

aspect Tracer
{
   advice call() : before()
   {
      std::cout << "aspect";
   }
};

and helloWorld.cpp

#include <iostream>

int main()
{
  std::cout << "Hello World!";
}

This is how running ag++ looks like:

ag++ output helloWorld.cpp
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
error: Execution failed: "ac++" --config "/tmp/agxx_pcfgfRiq9Z"  -p. -c
"helloWorld.cpp" -o "/tmp/helloWorld.cpp_agxx_fvDpLq"

Same for ac++:

ac++ -p ./AspectHelloWorld/ -d ./AspectResult/
Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherabzug geschrieben)

(it basically just says "Segmentation fault (core dumped)", but my
system is set to German).

I'm running

ac++ 1.1 (Jul  1 2012)
ag++ 0.8  built: Jul  1 2012
Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty)

The AspectC++ builds are simply taken from the Ubuntu servers, but the
stable version I just downloaded from the website reports the same
version number, so I guess it's a current build.

Any idea what's going on there? Thanks in advance.