[aspectc-user] Announcement of AspectC++ 2.1

Olaf Spinczyk os at aspectc.org
Sun Jul 10 21:36:49 CEST 2016

Dear AspectC++ users!

The new release, AspectC++ 2.1, is now available for download at www.aspectc.org ...

Version 2.1 (2016-07-10)

This is an overview about the most important improvements. For details refer
to the subversion log.

 * The weaver now supports Clang/LLVM versions 3.4, 3.4.2, 3.6.2, 3.7.1, and
   3.8.0. The version used in our binary package is 3.8.0.

 * Fixed problems with ac++ in combination with g++ 6.x. This compiler has C++
   14 as its default language standard. Now this is correctly detected by ac++
   and the internal parser is configured for C++ 14 code as well.

 * Advice for the built-in operator * now captures implicit function-pointer
   dereference.

 * Language Reference: The complete join-point API for introductions is
   documented now.

 * Several weaver bug fixes.

 * Improvements of the project model in preparation of future language
   extensions.

This is just a small update. Nevertheless, I hope you find it useful.

Best regards,

Olaf Spinczyk