[aspectc-user] Problem with generated protobuf 3.12.3 CPP files

Christian Dietrich dietrich at sra.uni-hannover.de
Tue Aug 18 14:17:11 CEST 2020

Hi!

We encountered a problem with the most recent version of protobuf and
AspectC++ (Daily Build). While the generated source code can be
processed with g++, ac++ dies, even in the absence of aspect headers[1].

>$ ag++ --version
ag++ 0.9  built: Jul 23 2020

>$ ac++ --version                                                            :(
ac++ 2.2 (Jul 23 2020, clang 4.0.0)

>$ g++ --version
g++ (Debian 9.3.0-15) 9.3.0

>$ g++ FailControlMessage.pb.cc -c -o FailControlMessage.pb.o  -std=c++11    :(
[Everything is OK]

>$ ag++ FailControlMessage.pb.cc -c -o FailControlMessage.pb.o  -std=c++11
error: FailControlMessage.pb.cc:120:1: Definition of undeclared scope '_Internal'.
error: Execution failed: "ac++" --system-config "/tmp/agxx_pcfgbAdux8"  -p. -c "FailControlMessage.pb.cc" -o "/tmp/FailControlMessage.pb.cc_agxx_akWGnw"

It seems that ac++ stumbles upon a nested class defninition. I attached
the (generated) header and the source file that provoke this error.