[aspectc-user] RE: help

Ferdinand Prantl ferdinand.prantl at ixos.de
Mon Jan 19 15:35:46 CET 2004

Hello,

from the directories you listed I recognize that you use MSVC6, but the
config file you have chosen is for MSVC7 (pumavc7.cfg)

you can try to create your own pumavc6.cfg with the one line modified:

-I C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Include
-A machine(i386)
-A plattform(win32)
-D __cplusplus
-D _WIN32
-D __cplusplus
-D _WCHAR_T_DEFINED  <<< dunno, you can experiment
-D _M_IX86
-D _MSC_VER=1200  <<<< here the version number
-D __STDC__

The headers you look for are in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\VC98\Include directory (if not, someone must have deleted them... :-)
and you can try to open them (string, xstring, map, ...)

If you run cl.exe from the command line, be sure to call vcvars32 before
doing so, to fill the environment (INCLUDE, LIB, ...).

Ferda