[aspectc-user] Problem parsing CORBA template class.

Olaf Spinczyk Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Jul 26 11:01:25 CEST 2004

Hi Toni,

Toni SOUEID wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use AspectC++ to aspectualize some of
> the code of a simple distributed application based on
> CORBA (RedHat Linux 7.2, omniORB 3.0.5, and AspectC++
> 0.9pre1).
>
> I am trying to introduce aspects in my own code and
> not at the CORBA ORB level.
>
> To parse my application code, ac++ has to parse a lot
> of CORBA header files. With my simple application,
> ac++ can't continue to the end, but instead generates
> a parsing error which is the following :
>
> /omniORB-3.0.5/include//omniORB3/seqtemplates.h:297:
> error: invalid member declaration near token
> `_CORBA_Sequence'
>
> the code section pointed to by the error is the
> following :

> template <class T>
> class _CORBA_Unbounded_Sequence : public
> _CORBA_Sequence<T> {
> public:
>   typedef _CORBA_Sequence<T> BaseT ;
>
> It seems to be a very simple usage of templates in C++
> and I can't find the reason why ac++ can parse such
> code.
>
> If would really appreciate if anyone has an idea about
> this error and eventually how to override such code to
> make ac++ work ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tony

The code listed above is ok. It can be parsed by ac++. There is probably
a problem with the symbol information ac++ collected before coming to
these lines.

To find out what's wrong we have to install the OMNI ORB and try runing
ac++ with your code. Could you please send me your "simple application"?

Olaf