[aspectc-user] compiling boost library

riccobene-zzzz0002 at mailblocks.com riccobene-zzzz0002 at mailblocks.com
Fri Jul 30 13:06:57 CEST 2004

Hi,

>Well, boost is a fancy template library and the template support in ac++ is ongoing work, i.e.
>the implementation is not 100% complete. The STL can only be parsed, because we don't
>analyse the template instances. However, in some situations there might be some
>information missing.

>Therefore, I'm not very much surprised.
>Can you give us some more information about the problems?

Trying to compile a simple code that only include "boost\function.hpp" I found this error:
error: invalid declaration near token `<'
in the \boost\type_traits\is_convertible.hpp header. The code below reproduce the boost code that cause the error:
template< typename From >
struct does_conversion_exist
{
    template< typename To > struct result_
    {
      // [...]
    };
};
template <>
struct does_conversion_exist<void>
{
    template< typename To > struct result_
    {
        // [...]
    };
};
template<typename From, typename To>            // <== ERROR IS REPORTED HERE
struct is_convertible_basic_impl : does_conversion_exist<From>::template result_<To>
{
};
If i replace the last line with:
struct is_convertible_basic_impl : does_conversion_exist<From>::result_<To>
the ac++ compile the code without error. So I think the proble is in the explicit reference to "template" keyword to reference class template.
Mike
p.s. thanks to Matthias Urban for the --skip-bodies-non-prj command line option that is very usefull in many situations.