[aspectc-user] Announcement of AspectC++ 0.9pre2
Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Oct 13 19:59:19 CEST 2004
after a long period without new ac++ releases we now uploaded the second
pre-release of version 0.9 (0.9pre2). It can be download from
www.aspectc.org. Binaries for Linux and Win32 as well as the source code
(GPL license) are available.
The new version comes with the following new features (excerpt from the
Changelog). Especially the first one is notable, as "link-once" code
generation was a problem in many projects.
Version 0.9.pre2 (2004-10-13)
* ac++ does not generate and need the "link-once" code anymore.
Aspect instances are generated with vague linkage and non-
inline introduction are inserted into other translation units.
* AspectC++ now comes with a wrapper program (ag++) for ac++ and
g++. This program can also be used to generate the parser
configuration file if you still prefer ac++. It replaces the
perl script pumag++conf.pl.
* the match-expression in order advice are now matched only with
aspects, not with classes.
* extended the JoinPoint-API by the JPID and JPTYPE enumerators.
* improved code generation in case of const functions:
- fixed problems with advice for calls to const functions
- improved JoinPoint::Target&That type. Both can be 'const'
- made generated signature strings aware of 'const'
* experimental support for advice for calls to template
functions and member functions of class templates in
The match expression parser can now handle templates.
* improved code generation for call join points. Now the target
object of a class can be a call itself.
* improved the generation of #line directives. As long as you
are not running in generated code, source-level debugger don't
get confused anymore.
* fixed lots of little code generation bugs and wrong entries
in the project repository.
* further parser improvements. Several problems related to
templates and overload resolution are fixed.
* fixed several problems with filename handling on Windows
systems. For example, include paths (-I) are not
Please continue to help us improve the ac++ implementation by entering
bug reports at http://www.aspectc.org/bugzilla or simply asking
questions on this mailing list. We are happy to see that more and more
users already provide this feedback!
More information about the aspectc-user