[aspectc-user] set and get methods

Hans VB hans.vanbroeckhoven at telenet.be
Thu Sep 30 16:57:12 CEST 2004

Hello!

For my thesis I want to use AspectC to log changes in variables. The
reason for this is that each data-access requires battery power in a
mobile embedded system and with AspectC we would like to predict
necessary power.
Ofcourse, the set-method would be ideal here, unfortunately it's not
supported yet (yes I've also read the FAQ so I understand a bit some of
its complexities).
With this mail I'd like to inform about the current status of the
implementation of set and get. Will we see something of it in version
1.0 ? And when are you planning on releasing 1.0 ? Would it maybe be
possible to work with a pre-pre-release (or whatever) that would support
a 'light' version of the set-functionality which would suffice for our
specific problem?

Thanks,
Hans