[aspectc-user] _asm in msvc unrecognized

Matthias Urban matthias.urban at pure-systems.com
Fri Apr 22 14:47:13 CEST 2005

Hi,

> I remember that we implemented support for this syntax. Did you try it
> in the Visual Studio Add-In? Did you try asm or __asm instead of _asm?

That's right. We support only asm, __asm, or __asm__. The obsolete _asm
keyword is supported by MSVC only for compatibility with previous
versions. It is officially a synonym for __asm. Simply add a

#define _asm __asm

and it should work.

Matthias

--
Matthias Urban                          Phone: +49-391-544569-32
pure-systems GmbH                       Fax:   +49-391-544569-90