[aspectc-user] could AspectC++ documentation be made free?

Antonio S. de A. Terceiro asaterceiro at inf.ufrgs.br
Sat Feb 12 16:05:47 CET 2005

Daniel Lohmann escreveu isso aĆ­:
[cut]
> AFAIK the documentation was never intended to be not free. The current
> license issue seems to be more a kind of oversight, we are going to
> change this. Of course we have to ask all contributers first, but I
> don't expect any problems. Thanks a lot for pointing out this!

OK.

> >Yet, if it can be free, I'd suggest to distribute only the LyX inputs
> >together with the sources, since the PDF's can be genereated from them,
> >or even distribute it in HTML instead of PDF.
> >

> HTML is currently not an option (poor formatting, printing, full-text
> search capabilities). As many users don't have a running LyX or even TeX
> installation (Solaris, Windows,  MacOS...), it also makes sense to
> include the PDF versions.

OK, also.

> (I personally don't like the idea of having to *build* documentation at
> all. It is too often an annoying task because of  missing tools,
> incompatible configurations and so on. IMHO PDF is just perfect.)

Yes, that a understandable position. I believe that users shouldn't
*have* to build the documentation, but they should *be able* to do that
with they want to. Anyway, distributing the PDF together with the LyX input
is fine.

Now what could be a bug report: the current sources tarball (0.9.1)
comes with all the PDF documents, except for the QuickRef, for which
comes only with the LyX input. Is this intentional?

--
Antonio S. de A. Terceiro <asaterceiro at inf.ufrgs.br>
http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~asaterceiro