[aspectc-user] Re: Auto-discard notification

Olaf Spinczyk Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Nov 9 09:49:27 CET 2005

Hi,

this is another automatically discarded message by Klaus Havelund, which
I found in my spam folder ...

aspectc-user-bounces at aspectc.org wrote:
> The attached message has been automatically discarded.

> Subject:
> instrumentation of C code
> From:
> Klaus Havelund <havelund at kestreltechnology.com>
> Date:
> Tue, 8 Nov 2005 17:03:32 -0800
> To:
> aspectc-user at aspectc.org
>
> To:
> aspectc-user at aspectc.org
>

> I am in need of a tool that can instrument C code, generating C code.
> No C++ in the chain.
> Any advice on how to approach this would be welcome. When I google  this
> I see a black
> sea of nothing. Just an echo C C C C C .... bouncing of the walls of  my
> browser.
>
> Klaus

We are aware that many users want AOP support for pure C. Therefore,
this feature is the first item on our roadmap (see aspectc.org) for
version 1.0pre2 - 1.0. The order of items does not reflect the exact
priority of the new features, but it was the first point that came into
my mind when I wrote this list ;-).

It currently looks as if version 1.0pre2 will be mainly a bug fix
release that improves 1.0pre1 without adding any important new features.
I hope that it will come very soon.

Version 1.0pre3 might become the first version with preliminary C
support. However, don't expect this version before january.

Meanwhile you can check if you have more success with Arachne (a dynamic
weaver), XWeaver, or C4. Of course, I hope that eventually AspectC++
(for C) will be the best solution ;-) for you.

- Olaf