[aspectc-user] Different aspect files in the directory

Olaf Spinczyk Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Sat Jan 28 11:06:26 CET 2006

Hi Dimple,

ac++/ag++ automatically searches all *.ah files in the project directory
to make life easier for beginners. More experienced users can also use
different mechanisms to select aspects that the weaver should take into
account:

A) with the command line option -a <ah-name> the names of aspect header
files can be listed explicitely. If there is at least one -a option in
the ac++/ag++ command line, the weaver will not search in the project
directory tree.

B) if you have the following directory structure ...

  root
    aspects1
      A.ah
      B.ah
    aspects2
      C.ah
      D.ah
    source
      X.cc
      Y.cc

    ... you can select the aspects A and B with "ag++ -p source -p
aspects1 ..." and the aspects C and D with "ag++ -p source -p aspects2 ...".

BTW, you could also use the pure-variants tool from
www.pure-systems.com. There you can select aspect headers based on a
feature model. The tool creates a directory tree for you that only
contains the aspects that are relevant for the selected system
configuration. This works very well in our own OS product line
development project CiAO.

Best regards,

Olaf