[aspectc-user] libpuma -- docs, mostly

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Sun Nov 12 18:36:35 CET 2006

Robert Scott wrote:
> On Sunday 12 November 2006 16:39, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>> You may want to have a look at synopsis (http://synopsis.fresco.org), too.
>> It is a python framework with various (partly C++) modules to preprocess,
>> parse, and transform, source code written in C, C++, python, and IDL.
>>
>> It does track the definition and use of macros as well.
>
>>From what I can remember when I evaluated synopsis, it couldn't yet handle
> function bodies in the same way puma can, possibly because it uses openc++ as
> its c++ parser.
>
> Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The current development branch uses a completely rewritten C++ parser.

Even the parser in the stable branch has evolved a lot from its ancestor.
The AST as seen by the python API does indeed only contain declarations,
though the parse tree (not yet exposed to python) is complete, i.e. contains
function definitions as well as everything else (it's a complete parse tree
of the parsed code).

Regards,
		Stefan