[aspectc-user] Problem with creating package on ArchLinux

Olaf Spinczyk os at aspectc.org
Wed Dec 7 16:49:17 CET 2011

Hi!

Building Puma is a bit tricky as you need AspectC++, which depends on
Puma. It's a cyclic dependency.

Which ac++ version did you use to compile the Puma library? I would
recommend to use the latest "daily build" from www.aspectc.org.
Alternatively, you could use the "woven sources" package. This can be
compiled *without* AspectC++ ("make EXTENSIONS=... TARGET=... compile").
Later on, when you have built ac++, you can take the sources (not then
"woven" sources) and compile again. I think this is the way how Reinhard
Tartler builds the Debian and Ubuntu packages. Maybe he can give you
some advice, too.

In general, I would be very surprised if the latest ac++ would not be
able to compile Puma on ArchLinux. It works at least on Debian, Ubuntu,
and Suse.

Are you building this package just for yourself or should it also be
accessible for others?

Best regards,

Olaf