[aspectc-user] AspectC++ and Cygwin: Problems running ag++ wrapper

Christoph Kuznik christoph.kuznik at uni-paderborn.de
Mon Jul 18 10:58:19 CEST 2011

Hi everybody,

i'm quite new to aspectc++ 1.0 and unfortunatley I do have problems
getting it compiling the examples under cygwin.

My Sstup:

- cygwin v1.7.9 (well the symlinks for g++ etc are working as you can
see below) with gcc v4.3.4
- windows 7 machine
- i  use the provided win32 binaries of aspectc++
- i run cygwin shell with administrator priviledges

Running the makefile using make gives the same errors as below, i just
extracted the single cmd lines so its easier to see something is really
wrong.
In general i wonder if the problem is more related to cygwin or the the
aspectc++ ag++ wrapper?!

*1)* What is messed up with the temporary directories? Why are they in
windows path style? Is there anyway to configure this manually to a
cygwin path style directory?
*2)* I'm running other make-file based projects under the same cygwin
installation, they use g++ and run without problems.
*3)* I looked out in the documentation but couldn't found the following:
if i don't want to use the wrapper but perform every step manually in
the shell, what is the right order?

So if any of you can provide me some neat hint, thank you very much in
advance

kuznik at box1 ~/aspectc++/examples/helloworld
$ ag++ -x c++ -c main.cc -o main.o
error: Execution failed: ""g++"  -x "c++"  -E -dM -v -x c++
"C:\Users\Christoph\agx9593.tmp" 2>C:\Users\Christoph\agx9595.tmp
1>C:\Users\Christoph\agx9594.tmp"
Zugriff verweigert

kuznik at box1 ~/aspectc++/examples/helloworld
$ g++ -x c++ -c main.cc -o main.o

kuznik at box1 ~/aspectc++/examples/helloworld
$ ls
Junk/  Makefile*  hello.h*  main.cc*  main.o  world.ah*