[aspectc-user] Problems with ACDT for Eclipse

Elisha Berns e.berns at computer.org
Mon Aug 16 03:45:07 CEST 2004

I hate asking questions like this because it should be so unnecessary.
But since nothing works so far I need to ask...

I'm just trying to  run the "Hello World" samples using Eclipse 3.0 and
the ACDT 2.0 for Eclipse on Win32.  I generated a g++ config file using
the Puma config script, set up the environment variables AC and
PUMA_CONFIG, but nothing works so far.  Below are the errors when trying
to build:

With AspectC enabled:

**** Incremental build of configuration Debug for project HelloWorld
****

make -k all
C:\Projects\AC\ac++.exe -r repo.acp -I . -p C:\Program
Files\eclipse\workspace\HelloWorld -g -o ac_gen.acc
make: *** [ac_gen.acc] Error 255
make: *** [main.o] Error 255
make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
Build complete for project HelloWorld

With AspectC disabled:

**** Full rebuild of configuration Debug for project HelloWorld ****

make -k clean all
rm -rf     main.o       main.d   HelloWorld.exe     main.acc   ac_gen.*
make: *** [main.o] Error 255
make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
Build complete for project HelloWorld

Thanks for any help here.

Elisha Berns
e.berns at computer.org