[aspectc-user] __declspec issues

John Hawkins HAWKINSJ at uk.ibm.com
Wed Aug 18 15:13:42 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to make ac++ trace sample work against a "simple" class.
However, the class has the following code snippet in one of its included
headers ->

"STORAGE_CLASS_INFO int initialize_module(int bServer);"

where STORAGE_CLASS_INFO is a macro for "__declspec(dllexport)" (a windows
specific api.)

I'm getting the error -> error: invalid declaration near token `int'

Why? I can only assume there is something wrong with ac++ handling of
__declspec(dllexport)- but what?
It's not an issue with the macro substitution because I have hardcoded it
and still get the same error but i left it in for completeness incase
someone knows otherwise.

Compiler is MS VC6.0 (Yes, I know there are supposed to be issues but I
only want to use it for trace at the moment so thought I could get away
with it !)

fyi: I'm trying to enable tracing in Axis C++ using AspectC++.

Anyone got any clues as to what's wrong?