[aspectc-user] Announcement of AspectC++ 0.8pre2
Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Mar 9 18:10:22 CET 2004
this is an announcement of the second pre-release of version 0.8
(0.8pre2). It can be download from www.aspectc.org. Binaries for Linux
and Win32 as well as the source code (GPL license) are available.
Binaries for MacOS X and Solaris can be compiled on demand. We also
updated the manual collection.
The good news for Linux users is:
ac++ is now able to parse the g++ 3.x header files (including STL)
Here is the usual excerpt from the ChangeLog that describes the
improvements and fixes of this version:
Version 0.8pre2 (2004-03-09)
* fixed several parser problems. g++ 3.3 STL headers can now
* added the --vc switch to enable Visual C++ parser extensions
* added support for execution advice for constructors and
destructors. Warning: this is experimental!
* implemented the 'result' pointcut function
* fixed broken call advice for pure virtual functions
* fixed problem with strange end of line characters
* added Windows resources, e.g. an icon
* AspectC++ and Puma sources don't use strstream.h anymore
* updated the documentation
1. Windows users: if your code contains Visual C++ specific
language extensions, make sure that you have --vc in your
2. Linux users: 2.9x header files have to be parsed with
--gnu-2.95 while 3.x header files require --gnu. Maybe you
have to adapt your config files. New config files will be
automatically generated correctly with pumag++conf.pl.
For the next release (probably 0.8) we intend to provide better support
for Windows users (especially cygwin) and further parser improvements.
Please continue to help us improve the ac++ implementation by entering
bug reports at http://www.aspectc.org/bugzilla or simply asking
questions on this mailing list.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 3142 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
More information about the aspectc-user