[aspectc-user] Problems with ac++ compiler on Compaq Tru64 Unix

Olaf Spinczyk Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Mar 19 12:14:50 CET 2004

Hello,

Turco Rosario wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My project team is interesting to AOP and your ac++.
> We have downloaded the sources and we must compile them
> on Compaq Tru64 Unix v. 5.1B to obtain ac++ compiler and puma.
>
> We have many problems in this activity. There is a
> circular dipendency: sources of ac++ wants puma and
> puma wants ac++ (?)
>
> We hope there is somebody that can help us
> as soon as possible. We need a suggestion ...
>
> Thanks.
>

> Rosario Turco
> IT Telecom
> Italy (Naples)

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons
> above and may contain confidential information. If you have received
> the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof
> is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
> the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by
> replying to webmaster at telecomitalia.it.
>         Thank you
>                                         www.telecomitalia.it

you are right. An ac++ executable is needed to compile Puma while Puma
is needed to compile ac++. The solution is to install the Puma source
code on a platform for which a binary ac++ is available. Then you
perform only the weaving part of the compilation process with 'make
weave'. Then you can copy the whole directory tree to your target
machine and compile it without the need for an ac++ executable for that
platform.

If you don't have access to a Linux machine, ask for a woven Puma source
tree.

Best regards,

Olaf Spinczyk

PS: Did you already evaluate ac++ on a supported platform?