[aspectc-user] parsing, manipulating, regenerating c++ code

Maarten de Boer mdeboer at iua.upf.es
Mon Mar 29 17:14:03 CEST 2004

Hello,

I am looking for an application that can parse c++, store it in a AST,
and regenerate the original c++ code. Obviously, the interesting part
would be to apply some modification to the AST before regenerating.

For example, I want to remove all constructors that match a certain
pattern (first argument contains the word Foo), from classes that are
derived from class Bar.

Googling, I came across PUMA, and looking at the code, it seems to be
able to do just the thing, but I have to say that I find it a bit hard
to follow, and I am missing an example that does something like what I
just described.

Could you please help me out? Would PUMA indeed be suitable for such a
task, is there some example code available that I could work upon, or
maybe you can suggest some other project that would be (more) suitable?

Kind regards,

Maarten