[aspectc-user] parsing, manipulating, regenerating c++ code

Matthias Urban matthias.urban at pure-systems.com
Mon Mar 29 18:27:32 CEST 2004

Hi Maarten,

Maarten de Boer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for an application that can parse c++, store it in a AST,
> and regenerate the original c++ code. Obviously, the interesting part
> would be to apply some modification to the AST before regenerating.
>
> For example, I want to remove all constructors that match a certain
> pattern (first argument contains the word Foo), from classes that are
> derived from class Bar.
>
> Googling, I came across PUMA, and looking at the code, it seems to be
> able to do just the thing, but I have to say that I find it a bit hard
> to follow, and I am missing an example that does something like what I
> just described.
>
> Could you please help me out? Would PUMA indeed be suitable for such a
> task, is there some example code available that I could work upon, or
> maybe you can suggest some other project that would be (more) suitable?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Maarten

Well, actually PUMA is suitable for such a task. But there is no
up-to-date documentation, sorry. You may take a look into the sources of
AspectC++ that is based on PUMA. But it doesn't perform such
manipulations. A *really* outdated documentation is available at
http://www-ivs.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~puma/docu-eng.html.

Best regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Urban                          Phone: +49-391-544569-32
pure-systems GmbH                       Fax:   +49-391-544569-90